Following the Paleo Diet for Weight Loss: How the Paleo Diet Can Help

As I mentioned on Saturday, I’m looking into the Paleo diet for weight loss. There are many positive reviews about it and it does look like a healthy, long-term option.

The long-term benefits are important to me. I want a lifestyle and not a diet.

So, with all the research I wanted to share what I’ve found out about how the Paleo diet can help with weight loss. If you’ve found other ways, then I’d love to read about them in the comments below.

It Keeps Your Full


The first thing I’ve found is that the paleo diet works because you feel fuller for longer. This is a diet that’s full of protein and fiber—two extremely important food groups for the body.

That doesn’t mean carbohydrates and fats are avoided, but that protein and fiber are the main focuses. These two food groups break down in the body slowly, which makes us feel fuller for longer. We’re less likely to snack, and we find eating fewer calories in the day much easier.

This really does work. I found when following the Weight Watchers plan and focusing on much more protein and fiber that I felt fuller for longer. The No Count option with Weight Watchers is very similar to the Paleo diet, and I barely felt hungry. I just needed to learn some portion control!

There’s Always Something New


One thing that I hate about some diets is that they get boring. I’m eating the same things over and over again and I just don’t enjoy them.

When I get bored, I go off the rails. I snack on food that I shouldn’t and I have lots of cheat days throughout the week!

The paleo diet doesn’t look like it will give me that problem. There’s always something new to try; some new recipe or exercise. Because it’s also a diet that I’ve never done before, there’s always going to be something new to learn. This will all keep it interesting for me to help follow the paleo diet for weight loss and be successful.

You’ll Get Enough Calories to Move More


There is a focus in the diet to move more—get more activity some way. This is essential for weight loss. 20% of your weight loss efforts are from exercise alone.

So, the paleo diet will help. Not just that, but you’ll also get enough calories to move more. There are just far too many diets out there that restrict the calories so much that you feel tired and lethargic.

It helps that this diet is full of protein. Not only will that give me the calories I’ll need, but also the amino acids my muscles will need to build back up again after a training session. I should find it easier to tone up, as well as lose weight.

Right now, it’s looking more and more like I’ll follow the paleo diet for weight loss. There are lots of other considerations I want to take right now. One of those is how it will affect our shopping and food that we eat in the house. I don’t want to give my daughters a complex on their weight, which is one of the reasons I don’t want to follow a very strict diet anymore.


Do you follow the paleo diet for weight loss? Have you tried it in the past? Feel free to share in the comments below how it has helped/it helps you. If you found it didn’t help, please do let me know. I want to be fully informed.

Comments

  1. It's amazing how this diet has such delicious foods that you can eat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight