4 Tips for Curbing Late Night Snacking

Late night snacking is a pain when it comes to weight loss. We always reach for the bad stuff, thinking we need to eat more or just because we’re bored.

When I looked at emotional eating the other day, I mentioned that boredom was my issue. To be honest, it was the boredom at night which always led to late night snacking. I needed to curb this if I wanted to lose weight and keep it off.

I put a plan together and made sure I lost the weight. The best thing about the Weight Watchers diet was that I could find a way to still snack without resorting to the bad stuff. You can do it on diets like the paleo, keto, Atkins, Slimming World and so many more.

Here are my tips for curbing late night snacking so you can lose weight and keep it off.

  1. Recognize you’re doing it: This has to be the first step. If you don’t realize that you’re snacking, then you’re going to struggle to curb it in the first place. Food diaries are great—but you do have to make sure you track every little bit down that you eat!
  2. Find lower calories/pointed alternatives: I had to focus on the lower pointed alternatives on the Weight Watchers diet. With others you may look at the carb intake or the calories you eat. Look for snacks that are better for you. You’re not cutting out late night snacking completely but changing the type of foods that you have.
  3. Get rid of the bad: But that chocolate and those packets of chips are still in the cupboard, right? Well, it’s time to get rid of them. This is the best thing that has happened to me since moving out of the country and stopping as a Weight Watchers leader! There’s no temptation in the house.
  4. Find something to do with your hands: Boredom was my problem, so I had to find a way to stop that from happening. I’ve already said that you need to find something else to do. I like writing, so I type or jot down notes. Some people knit or crochet. Do something that keeps you entertained.



Now it’s your turn to curb late night snacking and focus on your weight loss. Remember your weight loss goals and your reasons for this journey. By curbing late night snacking you’ll be back on track to reaching your end destination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight