New Approach to Weight Watchers



So, Weight Watchers has changed. When I heard about this change happening a couple of weeks ago, all I could think about was “oh no, not again!” Weight Watchers UK changed just two years ago to the ProPoints plan. I found out about the changes at my meeting on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn’t a change as such – there were just new tools being added and I got a new folder that makes it much easier to keep my Weight Watchers life together.

New Tools – Not Very Helpful for Me

These new tools involve taking a new approach to Weight Watchers. It involves making a few simple changes to habits to help with weight loss and knowing the things that sabotage the efforts to lose weight. Why does this not help me? Well, I’m in the mindset of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” (remember me telling you about that last week). My current way of working at the plan works! I have “pig out night” on a Tuesday after my weight in and then get back on the plan on a Wednesday all the way through to my weight in the next Tuesday.

I’ve lost weight every week that I’ve started Weight Watchers this time and until I stop losing weight, I’m not going to change. If I make a change, there’s chances that I will put on weight instead because my metabolism and body will have to react to that change. But there are other reasons…

Avoid the Sabotages

I know that cheese is my downfall when it comes to losing weight. I love it and if I start eating it, I just want more. But that doesn’t mean that I’m going to cut it out of my life completely. If I do that, I know that I’ll want even more of it. So, I have it in the house and allow myself it – as long as I track it. Now the new approach seems to be that you take away anything that causes a downfall to weight loss. So, for me, that would mean putting the cheese where I can’t see it or not having it at all. It would mean never going down the cheese aisle at the supermarket.

These tricks just aren’t possible in real life. Supermarkets change their layout on a regular basis. They do it so they make money because people can’t be bothered looking everywhere for something. When something along those lines was mentioned at my meeting, my leader said to send the other half in instead. My husband can’t drive and our nearest, cheapest supermarket (and the one that I prefer to shop in) is a 30 minute drive away on a good day! I have to go. The way around it for us is to have a shopping list and stick to that – we don’t venture off that list, mainly to save money.

Apparently that is me already using the new approach though…

The new approach is coming into full affect at the start of 2013 but if you are part of Weight Watchers already, you will get to find out all about it within the next week or so. How are you finding this new approach? Does it work for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight