Failing to Stick with Goals and Getting Back on Track



I started my June challenge of tracking every day so well. I thought I'd be able to keep up with it and then I stopped tracking for a couple of days. I just couldn't get back into tracking after that.

Did you know it takes 6 weeks to set a new habit? I've gone so long without tracking that I've fallen out of the habit and I'm finding it hard to get back into the habit of tracking. I'm finding it hard to stick to goals that I want to achieve.

This is completely normal. I refuse to beat myself up for it. After all, my wants and needs over the last two months have changed considerably.

I'm actually not following the Weight Watchers diet at all right now. But that doesn't mean I'm eating whatever I want. I'm actually still losing weight, but without Weight Watchers to do it. I'm sticking to smaller portions and a healthy diet. I've cut back on sugar and treats without really thinking about it. When I do snack, I opt for a handful of nuts or a piece of fruit instead.

Sometimes you make changes without even thinking about it. There's no point beating yourself up for not sticking with goals or falling off the wagon. You need to assess what's important to you right now. Are those goals still important? Do you really want to achieve what you once thought you did?

It's okay to say no!

I'm not sure what I want to achieve anymore, except to get back into my rings. That's right! I don't care about some clothes right now. I probably will do in the future, but it's my rings that I want to get back on my fingers. I haven't worn them in a year. I need to lose around 20lbs for my rings to fit again.

How long will that take? Well, it should take me around 20 weeks if I stuck to a diet. But chances of that happening are unlikely. I'm going to stick to the way I've been eating lately. I feel good for it. In fact, over the weekend I felt sluggish because I ate a little more junk than I had for the weeks prior. My body feels the junk more now than it ever has done, and it's just a reminder that I need to eat well. So, the plan is to stick to a healthier diet and smaller portions.

It's a lose plan, but right now that's going to work for me. Set weight loss goals for yourself and you will find it easier to stick to them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight