Delicious Healthy Desserts: Banana and Cranberry Muffins
When you’re on a diet, you can feel like all sweet treats are banned. That’s really not the case. If it was, I wouldn’t have lost weight (trust me!).
But to be able to lose weight, you need to find healthy desserts and snacks. These banana and cranberry muffins are perfect, and very easy to make.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
200g plain flour (white)
2tsp baking powder
50g dried cranberries
1 egg (medium)
1tsp vanilla extract
50g butter, melted
1 banana, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan assisted)
2. Place eight muffin cases into a muffin tray
3. Sift your flour and baking powder together into a bowl. Add the cranberries and sugar and stir everything together.
4. Beat the egg, extract, butter and milk together in a separate jug. Add to the flour mixture and stir together.
5. Add the mashed banana and combine. Only mix until just combined. Over mixing will cause problems for them rising.
6. Spoon the mixture into your cases, and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. You can check they are done by placing a knife through the middle of one. When removed, the knife should be clear.
7. Allow to cool before eating.
These are great to have as a healthy dessert after a meal, or you can enjoy one as a snack. They go down a treat in this house! I don’t get a look in most of the time because my daughter enjoys them so much.