Why Aren’t I Losing Weight Anymore?



I said a few weeks ago that I wasn’t actively losing weight anymore. I know for a blog that is all about weight loss, it possibly led to a number of questions. How can I have a blog about weight loss if I’m not losing weight?

Well, to be honest, I haven’t been losing weight properly for a while. I reached my goal weight in December 2013 and I’ve been actively maintaining that since then. Does that mean I can’t support others in their weight loss journeys? Of course not! I’m a Weight Watchers leader and support people on a daily basis. This blog is another way of doing that.

But I also said that I wasn’t tracking properly anymore, and there is a reason for that.
I’m currently 14 weeks pregnant with my second child. Those posts where I wasn’t feeling so great were due to morning sickness. It was terrible, but I’m not going to get into that. I’m going to explain why I’m not actively losing weight/tracking my food.

During pregnancy we shouldn’t lose weight; unless a doctor has recommended it and that is in a handful of cases. Really, I just want to gain the recommended weight gradually, and I’m doing that at the moment. So far, I’ve gained 8lbs. The recommended weight gain for someone within a healthy BMI is 25-35lbs. That means I can gain another 20-25lbs before I have to worry too much, and that should happen over the space of the next 26 weeks. In fact, if this pregnancy is anything like the last one, the last two to three weeks I’ll be so big that I won’t want to eat and will probably lose a bit of weight!

So, what am I doing during pregnancy?

I am still keeping an eye on the food I eat. The main focus is to continue eating a healthy and balanced diet. It was a struggle during the first trimester, but I feel much better now.

From this week, I may go back to tracking some of the food I eat. It’s not about pro-pointing, but about just watching that I don’t use the “eat for two” excuse. There is no need to eat for two. In fact, my calorie intake doesn’t have to increase until the third trimester.

I’m also going to get back to exercise this week—well, next week with the amount of work and my anti-natal appointments this week (not an excuse; I genuinely don’t have time). I have a pregnancy workout plan to get on with (created by a qualified personal trainer) and am really looking forward to getting started with it.

I’ll keep writing on this blog. With being a Weight Watchers leader, I’m still doing classes and I’m still supporting others in their weight loss journeys. That means I am still here to support you.
I just wanted you to understand why I’m not losing weight right now. Trust me, once the baby is born (due middle of January) I’ll be back on it as soon as I can.

By the way, I'd like to add that this is the 201st post on this blog! Wow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Problems with Crash Diets

100 Day Challenge Day 28: Staying In Control on a Busy Day

Halloween Party Ideas to Lose Weight